Friday, June 27, 2008

IN ALL LIVING HAVE MUCH
       FUN AND LAUGHTER
LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED  (GORDON B. HINCKLEY)

I saw this quote today and I wanted to put it up as a motto for these sometimes hard and easy times. Last year was certainly a challenge for me, and things seemed hopeless at times, and I felt pretty depressed often. However, we were able to move forward and I am so proud of Bobby for graduating from optometry school. Things will work out one by one, but not on my time table but on Lord's...I need to be patient and stop worrying so much!  We have a lot of changes ahead, but I am facing them with renewed strength. I keep in mind that the best is still to come and not give up. Things have worked out in the past and will also in the future. I am so lucky to have Bobby as my husband. He is wonderful with our boys. Timo and Matthew absolutely love when he sings to them. They love their daddy so much!!!

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

I'm so glad to see you're helping with the blog now! Its great to hear how you all are doing...its kind of scary wondering what the future holds, but I applaud your strength. I know the Lord has plans for you and he'll take care of you.

Susan said...

Hey Petra! I found your blog from a comment you left on Kim's blog. Where are you guys at these days? Are things looking up for you? Hang in there - I know what you mean about patience. I'm having to practice that one a lot lately too. Good luck and keep the faith!

Susan said...

My memory of Petra is our morning walks when we would go with Terra and Cheryl - along with our little munchkins and all four of our pregnant bellies! I'm sure we were quite the sight! Also, running to your place to borrow things or drop off the monitor. You saved me many times - thanks!

My memory of Dr. Blankenbehler is him playing the piano Sunday mornings and we could hear it too. We enjoyed it and missed it when we moved.