Sunday, November 03, 2013

Happy Halloween


Halloween kind of sneaked on me this year. I have been busy finishing off the flooring and busy with cub scouts and other stuff and I realized two days before that I needed to figure out costumes. Thanks to Bobby's cousin Leslie I had things under control. She had given us some costumes last year and they all worked out perfectly for Matthew, Timo and Jared. Matthew was a star wars clone guy, Timo was a night and Jared was a clown. Our kids are good about being what I tell them to be, so they were happy with the custumes and actually probably were something they would have pick up too if they had the choice, We ended up going trick or treating on Sunday since they do it that way here and then had trunk or treat at the Church on Thursday on actual halloween. Our kids had so much candy. Usually I take it all and control it strictly but for some reason this year I didn't too much and have just hoped that they eat it quickly so it's all gone. Now it's only 5 days after Halloween and it's almost all gone. Of course I ate a lot of it too.

I had the cub scouts make some games for the church trunk or treat party. We made a ring too and bean bag toss. We also used the pin the alian eyeball game from Timo's birthday party. One of the cub scouts made also a game, which was cool. I am a den leader which is a lot of fun. I love making projects with cub scouts. As long as I can keep them under control it's a lot of fun.
 My pumpkin one first price in the lions club family category :)




 My home improvement projects...got a love my creativity of finding a place to saw a door. The floor was raised almost 1/2 inch after I put the laminate in, so the door couldn't close anymore....

 Ward halloween party :)
 Matthew did a great job running games at the Halloween party.
 Will and Esther.
 Mission president's wife handing out candy. Her dad was the temple president in Stocholm temple and I knew him when I was a teenager and my parents were very good friends with him and his wife.

It was raining so the trunk or treat activity turned into trick or treating in the class rooms.

No comments: