Tuesday, July 20, 2010

After looking for some important binders and papers for 2 + weeks I finally found all our important financial papers and social security cards and passports. I seriously thought that they had gone to garbage in our crazy moving adventure. I looked everywhere several times, but yes I did find them. They were on a top shelf of one of the closests in a box. being short I ten to miss stuff out of my reach ;) I am so relieved that stuff was found, mainly for the passports. Now I don't need to replace our passports for a Finland trip ;)

An other nice thing was that we got a garage. I have been able to get some of our stuff there, and it's starting to feel more organized and less crowded. I have been looking for houses online a little bit, but at this point I don't think buying a house is such a smart idea until we now we are staying here for good and save some money for a down payment. I like to look at houses online a bit though. Of course the prices are at least double here compared to Michigan and the taxes are high too on properties, but it's fun to see what's available.

The boys were very good today when I took them to the library. I hadn't gone for two weeks because I was sick and then other time I just didn't have the energy. The boys enjoyed the story time. It's nice to have a second car though so I can get places when I need to. Tomorrow Matthew snf Timo have their dance class.

Lately I have started to use coupons. With more stores around here, it's more exciting to use coupons (and actually receiving them in the mail). I hope my efforts will help us save some money. My thoughts are that planning can help us save some money (last minute plans, restaurant trips, etc). Cost of living is higher here compared to Michigan and Bobby is not really getting paid more here (at least not yet). Those lovely student loans take so much of our income, and I look forward for that day when they will be gone..like 8 years I think..2018..that seems like forever, but that will be a happy day. I do feel grateful that we have a job and money to pay the bills, insurance, food, pretty much what we really need, but wish this...and that... patience...!!!

1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

What a relief that must have been to find them! Sounds like life is good.